How many administrators can my university have?
There is no limit to how many administrators your university can have. You have multiple options for different admin roles with varying levels of access:
- University Admin – Full access to EVERYTHING in your university
- Group Admin – Access to reporting & management (retakes, enrollment, grading) of users in their group.
- Group Report Viewer – Access to reporting of users in their group.
- Course Admin – Access to a specific course & only users in that course.
How are individual user accounts created?
There are a handful of ways user accounts are created, including:
- Self-registration - user creates their own account
- Admin created – administrator must create the account
- Bulk upload – administrator can bulk upload users from Excel
- Single Sign-On – pass over login credentials from another secure site
Why set up Groups to organize my users?
Setting up groups has many benefits, including:
- Groups keep your user accounts organized
- Segment your users by type of user (user type, geographic location, industry, etc.)
- You can run reports on a specific group or groups of users
- Limiting courses to only be available to certain groups of users within your university
How can I email everyone in a Group?
You can use the Course Emailer in the Admin to email everyone in a group (whether or not they are in a course). If you'd like to send an email to everyone in the group "Outside Sales", for instance, you need to do the following:
- Log in and go to the Admin page.
- Select Training--Course Emailer.
- You'll be prompted to "Choose Course". You may choose any course - it doesn't matter which one.
- Choose your group ("Outside Sales", for example).
- Select "All students" from the "Enrollment Status" drop-down menu. This will select all the students in the group whether they are enrolled in the course you selected or not (this is why the course specified does not matter).
- Check "Send me a copy" if you wish to have a copy of the email. Fill in the subject and body of the message as you like. Remember you can use the tokens specified underneath the "Choose Course" box.
What do I do when I try to add a user and get the message that the email address is already in use?
Sooner or later you will try to add a user into your university that already exists in the BlueVolt system of universities. When you add the user, you will receive a message like this:
"Email Address Collision
There is already a user in the system with the email address you have specified. Would you like to send a request to the user to add them to this university?"
They will be required to accept/deny the request the next time that they log in.
When you click "OK" an email will be sent to the user notifying him/her to join your university and providing a login link. The next time the person logs into his/her other account, s/he will be asked if s/he wishes to accept the invitation. When s/he clicks "Yes", the accounts will be linked.
The user's primary university will not change. If you need your university to be the primary for the person, you may contact Support@BlueVolt.com with your request. There are some circumstances under which we will be unable to change the primary university, but generally this can be done.
If the user has forgotten the password for the other account or is not aware s/he is in another university, you can give the user the following directions for logging into the other university:
- Use your email address as your Username and use the Password you created for the other university.
- If you don't know/have forgotten your password, click the 'Forgot your password?' link underneath the login fields and enter the email address associated with your account. See this article for more information.
- If you usually log in through a different organization's site (such as an association webpage), please log inthrough that portal.
- Once logged in, you will receive a message on your homepage asking if you wish to join the new university. Clicking "Yes" will link your accounts.
I sent a user an invitation, but they didn't get it/deleted it. Can I send again?
Yes. You can go into the Admin and look under "Users -- User Invitations" to see who has and has not accepted the invitation. To resend the invitation, just click the "Invite" link to the right of the person's name under the column "Resend Invitation".