Make sure to view every slide in the module to get your course to complete. Try closing your course then re-launching it. You may get a screen that says Would you like to resume the course where you left off? Click No and go through all the slides starting with the first slide, making sure you click on any links and complete any quizzes.
If it still won't show as completed, try the following:
- Update your browser to the most current version. You can also try launching the course from a different browser. For instance, if you're using Internet Explorer, try Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. If you don't have Firefox installed on your computer, you can download the most recent version for Windows at: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/. You can download Google Chrome at: http://www.google.com/chrome
- Check to see if your version of Flash is enabled, and is up to date. To check your version of Flash, use following link://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html
- If you're not able to update your browser and and you're using IE11 to view your courses, you may need to use the Compatibility mode for your completion to register. Just click "Compatibility View Settings", or the icon that looks like a torn page on the right side of your address bar. When you view your modules they will show as passed.
- Try taking the course with a different computer or on a different network.
- *Add "go.bluevolt.com" to your Safe Sites list in your virus protection program. Here's a link to a great informational page on how to do this - http://www.wikihow.com/Add-a-Website-to-Trusted-Sites
- *Enable pop-ups. Here's a link to a great informational page on how to allow pop-ups for different browsers - http://www.wikihow.com/Allow-Pop%E2%80%93ups
- (If applicable) Change the bandwidth of the video from Low to High (or from High to Low), and see if that helps.
*If you're not allowed to do these, ask your IT Department to do this for you.