If a learner is taking a course and repeatedly does not pass an assessment, they may receive a message in their transcript that reads, "Maximum Retakes Reached". This means that if they need this course completed, they will have to have the assessment reset so they can take the test again.
Note: ASA University and other Universities' administrators can grant retakes for learners. All other Associations' learners must send retake requests to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
BlueVolt can only do one retake per course. If they need more, they will need to contact their University administrator.
ASA University and other Universities:
- Click the Admin button.
- Look up learner's account, check their transcript for the course, and check their results (you may want to copy the question(s) that they keep missing and email it to them for further study).
- Training > Allow Retakes.
- In Keyword, enter the learner's email address and click Get Users.
- At the far right of the learner's name, click Allow Retakes.
- Find the course name on the left, if there's more than one listed. To the right, you will see 'Status: Maximum Retakes Reached', and how many times they have not passed.
- To the right of this, click Allow Retakes.
- You should see 'There is nothing for this student to retake' (if this was the only course that needed a retake).
- Let the learner know that they can now retake the test.