You can make a user an admin during the initial creation of their user account. You can also go in and update an existing user’s profile to make them an admin or remove admin permissions. There are several levels of admins, each with different degrees of permission. Before making a user an admin, it’s important to understand those roles.
- University Admin: Full access to everything in your university. The fewest users should have this role.
- Group Admin: Access to reporting and management of users in their specific group. Group admins can be granted different permissions depending on University Settings.
- Course Instructor Admin: Access to a specific course and the users enrolled in that course.
- Schedule Admin: Access to the training calendar. Add/delete calendar items, including schedules for scheduled courses.
- Course Editor Admin: Access to add/edit courses across the university, but not to manage users.
- Billing Account Admin: Access to billing account information.
- Report Viewer: Access to reporting information for their group.
- Training Track Admin: Access to add/edit Training Tracks across the university (like Course Editor).
Grant Admin Permissions
- Go to Admin > Users > Users
- Search for an existing user or click Add New User
- If selecting existing user, click Edit
- Select the appropriate administrator role and click Save
TIP: You can get a brief explanation of the roles by clicking User Roles Explained. That will open a box with brief information about all the user roles.
NOTE: Your changes will not take effect until you click Save on the user’s profile.