Hotspot questions are a great way to provide an interactive way of testing. An example of a situation when you might want to use a hotspot question may be when you’re trying to test a user's knowledge of all the features of a particular product. You can upload an image of a product then ask the user to identify a particular part on that product by clicking on it.
NOTE: Before you can begin, you must Create an Assessment
Once you've created an Assessment, you are able to add hotspot questions.
- In Assessment Settings, click on Write Question and write your question in the text box.
- Select Hotspot in What kind of question is this?
- Click Next.
- Choose the file image you want to use for the question. Pay attention to the (?) which lets you know the image size limitations. CAUTION: It's important to be mindful of image size as hotspot questions can be difficult to answer if the image is oversized.
- Choose whether to highlight the Hotspot area in the shape of a box or circle.
- Select the Hotspot area the learner will have to select in order to answer the question correctly.
- Click Next
- Finish the rest of your assessment
- Once you've written the entire assessment, click Save Assessment.