Create a Course
To create a course in your university, follow the steps below.
NOTE: The instructions below are how to upload/create the course in your university. These steps require that you already have content such as SCORM packages, images, files, etc., for your course.
- Go to Admin > Training > Courses > Add a Course
- Name your course and select the Type of course from the drop down menu. You can also set your course to Active or leave it Inactive; or set an Activation and Deactivation Date. Click Next at the bottom of the page.
- The next tab, 2.Display, is information about the course for the learner. You will write a Short Description of the course or module. Set the Course Hours, identify if the course has Audio components, if it is Featured on the homepage, and if it is accessible on Mobile devices. You can also use the default University logo or a custom graphic for the course. Once you are finished, click the "Next" button at the bottom of the page.
- In 3.Modules you will upload content for your course.
- A new screen will open allowing you to manage the new content. Enter a Module Name (course name, quiz, survey etc). Determine if the module is Optional (courses need at least one required module to be displayed in the category), set it to Active or Inactive, and set Display Sequence if there are multiple modules in the course. Then select the Module Type you are uploading. This example is a SCORM package.
- Assessments will lead you to create an assessment within BlueVolt,
- Survey helps gather user feedback about the module
- Upload file allows for word or excel documents
- Link to URL is for external links such as a YouTube video
- Adobe Connect creates access to Webinars
- Video is to upload an MP4 video
- Copy from Existing Module moves content from within your University
- Select the file to upload to the LMS
- After you have uploaded the module, click Next to reach 4.Settings. Show Course in Catalog, set the Max Students (Leave blank for unlimited), and determine who the course is Viewable by. If you want it open to all students leave as Logged in Users. To restrict the course select Certain Groups.
- A drop-down menu will appear and allow you to select which Groups can access the course you have uploaded.
- You can then set this course into your Categories. It may be useful to put the course into multiple categoriesto help users easily find the course. For example, a course might fit into “new products” “residential” and “power tools” categories.
- “Other settings” allows you to set Registration options, Prerequisites and Language
- You can choose to set an Enrollment Email Message on this page as well.
- Click Next to get to Next Steps. You can Preview your course, Enroll Students, Email Students about the course, set Instructors, or further Edit the course. Click the Finished button when you are done.