Setting up Course type: Course File
The Course File type consists of a single file for the user to download. The Course File is a great type of course to create when you simply want to provide a resource document for your learner to download. “Course File” courses do not contain any modules (you can skip that section of the course editor) and will show up in the Course Catalog (if it is marked as such) in the "4. Settings" section. The learner is marked Complete upon download of the course file attached to the course.
Note: Other course types, such as Online or Scheduled, may contain one or more modules with a link to view a file. This is a good option if you are building a course where the learner needs to reference one or more documents, in regards to a larger course, that contains other modules such as assessments or SCORM based content.
Create an Course File type:
- Go to Training
- Go to Courses > Add Course or Edit Course
- Enter Course Name or Select an existing course
- In the “Edit Course” section, select “Course File” in the Type drop down list.
- Click Upload a new file to upload your document
- Click on the Next button
- Add Display information in the Display section
- Add Settings information (e.g. Available in Catalog, Restricted to groups, etc.) in the Settings section.
- Click on Save & Exit