The Re-Enrollment feature supports the need to set up a single course that requires learners to be enrolled repeatedly. Instead of setting up a new course every year and going through the process of selecting which learners should be enrolled, you can set up rules for the re-enrollment course and automate the process.
Set Up a Re-Enrollment Course
NOTE: Re-Enrollment Options are only available for setup when originally creating/adding the course. You cannot go in and edit an existing course to create re-enrollment options.
- Go to Admin > Training > Courses > Add Course and begin creating your new course
- Check the box next to Re-Enrollment Options
- Determine whether you want the learner to re-enroll or the system to automatically re-enroll learners.
- Enter frequency and the following:
- Expected Duration: Number of days after enrollment until learners’ status changes to Behind Schedule
- Close Duration: Number of days to finish the course. After this duration, learners will not be able to complete the course until the next re-enrollment. To allow learners to complete the course any time, leave this field blank.
- Closed Email: Number of days prior to Enrollment Closing to send email notices to learners that they will be unable to complete the course after the close date.
- Allow Opt-Out: Checking this box allows learners to opt out of the re-enrollment. This also allows the learners to un-enroll from the course in progress.
Update Modules in a Re-Enrollment Course
Once a course cycle is closed, mark the course as Inactive and a new Activation Date can be set for the next cycle. During the period between this time and the next enrollment session, any modules in the course may be updated (or new ones added) for the next course cycle.
How to Override Closed Status for Individual Learners
Sometimes there are special cases where a learner just couldn’t complete the course prior to the close date. On their transcript instead of a Completed status, they have a Closed status.
If you want to allow the learner to be able to complete the course past the deadline, go to their transcript and locate the re-enrollment course. Click the Closed link under status. This will allow you to re-activate the course for that learner. It will show as Behind Schedule until the learner completes the course.
NOTE: If the learner doesn't complete the course before the next enrollment cycle begins, the course for the previous cycle will be marked as “Closed” on their transcript and they will be re-enrolled in the next course cycle.