SCORM is an industry standard for online training; it was originally developed by the US Department of Defense. The BlueVolt platform is SCORM compliant, meaning that we can host online training that is SCORM compliant. It stands for “Shareable Content Object Reference Model.” SCORM defines how the training and results will be communicated to the platform. A major benefit of SCORM is its ability to track whether a learner has fully completed a course or skipped content. It also allows the learner to start where they left off if they stop training before completing a course.
Other Course File Formats Accepted on the BlueVolt Platform
You can create courses in the Admin using any combination of the following types of training modules:
- SCORM (version 1.2 or 2004) / AICC (must be the compressed .zip file package, not individual files)
- URL - Link to content on the web, ie: YouTube, your Website, etc.
- Quiz – Chapter quizzes, practice tests, assessments, pre-assessment, final exams, etc.
- Survey – Accompanying training within a course or on its own
- PDF – Installation manuals, Product Spec Sheets, Order Forms, etc.
- Images: .gif, .jpeg, .jpg, .png
- CCP (CaptureCAM-PRO), m4v, .mov,
- AutoDesk modeling (.rfa)
NOTE: Need a file type not listed above? Contact your Customer Success Manager.