Formats Accepted by BlueVolt LMS
What is SCORM?
SCORM is an industry standard for online training; it was originally developed by the US Department of Defense. The BlueVolt LMS is SCORM compliant, meaning that we can host online training that is SCORM compliant. It stands for “Shareable Content Object Reference Model.” SCORM defines how the training and results of the training will be communicated to a LMS (Learning Management System). The major benefits of SCORM are that it allows for tracking of training such as whether the student passed a course or went through all of the material. It also allows the student to start where they left off at if interrupted during training.
What course formats does the BlueVolt LMS accept?
You can create courses in the Admin using any combination of the following types of training modules:
- SCORM (version 1.2 or 2004) / AICC
- URL - Link to content on the web, ie: YouTube, your Website, etc.
- Quiz – Chapter quizzes, practice tests, assessments, pre-assessment, final exams, etc.
- Survey – Accompanying training within a course or on its own
- PDF – Installation manuals, Product Spec Sheets, Order Forms, etc.
- Images: .gif, .jpeg, .jpg, .png
- CCP (CaptureCAM-PRO), m4v, .mov,
- AutoDesk modeling (.rfa)
Need a file type not listed above? Let us know.