Adding Seats to a Course
Sometimes seat limits will reach max number of students. If there is continued interest in the course, you may opt to increase number of seats to allow more students to join.
To Add Seats To A Course:
- Go to the Training tab > Courses > View Courses
- Type in the name of the course in the search box
- Click on the course name
- Click on “4. Settings”
- Under "Users/Restrictions", type in the maximum number of students you wish to have enrolled in the course. (i.e. if you currently have 500 as your “max students” and wish to add 200 seats, type in 700.
If The Course Is Shared:
In some cases, the course is shared into a University from another source and therefore will require a few extra steps.
If you see the following message, “This course is shared. This max value was set by the course owner. You may change it, but the new value cannot exceed x.” ,then you will need to do the following:
- Click on “3. Modules”
- Find out where the course originated from (it will say “This course is shared into your university from….”) Once you know the origin of the course, go directly to that university
- Go to Training >Shared Courses>Courses
- Find the course you’re sharing with the recipient
- Click on configure
- In the “Max Students” section, add x amount of seats you wish to add
- Click “Save Changes”
You can now return to the original university and perform steps 1-5 to add seats.