Creating Group Hierarchies
Creating Groups within your organization is extremely important as you build out courses and consider the reports that will need to be pulled to show completions. Groups within the LMS are hierarchical and can be endless. When you go to build groups, consider how your current organization is structured and how the training will be delivered.
Note: This option might not be advantageous if your University utilizes Single Sign On or User Management through API. Please consult your BlueVolt rep in this case to discuss group structure options.
- Groups can be accessed through Users > Groups in the Admin Console.
- One at a time: You can add just one group at a time through the Edit Groups Simply enter the name of the group and save.
- Multiple Groups: You can add several groups at once by selecting Add Several Groups at Once. All groups created through this option will be added to the hierarchy level you are currently on.
This is where you will begin to build out your hierarchy.
- From a “parent group” created in the steps above, click View Sub Groups. This will take you to that group’s page and show you the subsequent Sub-Groups.
- Using the same steps outlined above, you can add Sub-Groups.
University Group Hierarchy Report
This is an important report for ensuring your groups are structured as intended and it’s available to download in Excel format.
From the main navigation bar:
- Select Users
- Select University Group Hierarchy
- Select Download Now
Watch this 5 minute tutorial to learn more.