Setting up Training Tracks
Training tracks are a great way of grouping several courses together that you want your learners to take. You can set an expected duration so learners are notified they need to complete all the courses in the track within a certain amount of time.
Create a Training Track Type (Category)
- Select Training > Training Track on the Admin navigation bar
- Select New Training Track Type to create a new “category” for your training tracks
- Enter a name for your training track type and a description (if needed) of the types of training tracks that are contained in this training track type, and then click Save.
Creating a Training Track
- Click New Training Track link in the right-hand column
- Enter a Training Track Name
- Select Certain Groups and check which group(s) should have access to this training track. (Or in Limit Enrollment to, leave “My University” if everyone should have access.)
- Enter number of days you expect learners to complete the courses in this training track. Leave blank if this is optional.
- Enter Categories for your Training Track which correspond to your Course Categories
- If you have an image that best represents this training track, click the Custom radio button and upload your image.
- Select Show Training Track in Catalog and Send Enrollment Message only after you have added courses and are ready to go live.
- Enter a description of the purpose of the training track and what types of courses it contains.
Add Courses to Training Track
In the Course section:
- Select a Category of courses from the Category drop down.
- Click on a course name
- Click the > button to add the course to the training track on the right
- Click Save when complete