Occasionally, a user will forget or misplace their password and it becomes necessary to recover the password. Below are the steps to take in order to reset the password as the Learner and as the Admin on behalf of the Learner.
- Go to University home page.
- Click on the Login link in the upper right - a pop-up window will appear asking for Username and Password.
- Click on the bottom link in the pop-up that reads, “Forgot Your Username/Password?”
- Enter email address associated with Login.
- An email will be sent to the learner with a link to reset their password.
NOTE: This email will come from “firstname.lastname@example.org”. Let your learners know this may appear in their Inbox or their Junk Mail folders. They can also add “@bluevolt.com” to their Safe Lists.
- Admin > Users > Users
- In Keyword, enter in learner’s email/last name
- Click Get Users
From here, there are two ways to proceed:
- Click on learner’s email address to Send Invitation (this will come from “email@example.com”, so make sure learner knows this). A Warning pop-up will appear asking if you want to do this - click “OK”
- Click Edit to bring up User Information page. Under the User Information tab, type password for learner twice and click Save at the bottom of the page.
NOTE: The number of dots that will appear in the Password box will never total the actual number of characters of the password entered. This is done for security purposes.
To learn more about Lost Passwords, watch this 5 minute tutorial.