The BlueVolt Report Management Options allow you to programmatically pull reporting data out of your BlueVolt University. It includes reporting data on course and module enrollments and completions as well as training track progress data.
Contact your Customer Success Manager to set up a technical meeting with technical resources from both parties. After the technical discussion, the API key(s) will be sent to you and a test environment in BlueVolt will be set up for you to test the integration(s).
REST API Installation Guide
Once an API key has been established for your university, you will be able to add your API key to the provided endpoints.
NOTE: for each of these endpoints, you will need to replace [yourApiKey] with the API key provided to you.
For example, the Course Category Hierarchy endpoint with an API key looks like this:
The REST API endpoints are organized by controllers. Each controller contains one or more endpoints available for consumption.
Modules controller endpoints
- Filter Options: startDate, endDate
- Filter Options: startDate, endDate
CourseSchedule controller endpoints
- Filter Options: limit, offset, startDate, endDate
Courses controller endpoints
- Filter Options: startDate, endDate, onlyActiveCourses, scheduleIncluded
- https://developerapi.bluevolt.com/webapi/v2/GroupBlueBucks?apiKey=[yourApiKey]& courseId=[courseId]
Users controller endpoints
- Filter Options: start, end
- Filter Options: groupIDs, onlyActiveUsers, lastLoginStartDate, lastLoginEndDate, enrollmentStartDate, enrollmentEndDate
TrainingTracks controller endpoints
Categories controller endpoints
Enrollments controller endpoints
- Filter Options: limit, offset, enrollmentDateStart, enrollmentDateEnd, enrollmentStatus (Active, Terminated, PendingRequestApproval, Closed, Complete)
Groups controller endpoints
Billing controller endpoints
- Filter Options: limit, offset, transactionDateStart, transactionDateEnd
Endpoint filter options
Some endpoints have optional filter options that you can use.
Here’s some examples of how to use the optional Filter Options in an endpoint call:
Rest API IP address restrictions
BlueVolt provides IP address whitelisting functionality in case you would like to restrict access to your data through the Rest API.
Contact your Customer Success Manager with a list of IP addresses & we will set up the restriction(s) on your university.
Overview of BlueVolt’s APIs and Integration Applications
BlueVolt provides several API’s that makes functionality of the BlueVolt LMS directly available to your organization by exposing features of the platform. This allows organizations using the BlueVolt LMS to have direct access to their data. The current API’s and integrated applications provided by BlueVolt include the following:
User Management & SSO Options
- User Management: The user management portion of the API allows you to maintain consistent user data that syncs with an existing system, such as an HRIS or CRM, which contains information about user authorization. The user management piece includes 3 end points for updating user data (Add/Sync/Delete). It also allows you to control an individual's group roles, and sending of welcome emails. (via JSON or XML)
- Single Sign-On (SAML SSO or OAuth): The SSO component allows for user authentication (login) from an existing system. Users are automatically logged in to the LMS, and do not have to login or create an account in the LMS to gain access to training. Data updates occur when the user comes through the SSO. (via XML)
- Report Service: The report service component allows you to automatically pull reporting data out of the BlueVolt LMS. It includes reporting data on course enrollments and completions, including dates and times. (via XML)
- REST API: The REST API enables you to pull your university data into your own Business Intelligence middleware in an automated fashion without having to manually run a course enrollment totals report and then import the data.
NOTE: For any questions or to get started, contact your Customer Success Manager.