The Dashboard provides insights regarding the health of your university. The following is quick tour of the layout of the dashboard and the information it provides.
Use the filter panel to adjust the date range and other criteria for your dashboard. The default date range is 90 days. Open the filter panel to access and adjust the filters. The filter panel only shows the options that you have permission to adjust. Once you’ve set the filters, click “Update Dashboard” to apply the settings. Close the filter panel to hide the panel for a clear view of the dashboard (especially important on devices with small screens).
The filter types supported in this update include:
- Time Range
- Supports a variety of pre-set time ranges, as well as a custom range that allows you to enter specific start/end dates. The maximum date range that may be selected is 2 years.
- Universities (3 types of universities are represented in this filter)
- Your university (the university you are viewing the dashboard from)
- Universities that share courses to you (Course Publishers)
- Universities that you share courses out to (Course Subscribers)
- These are groups within your university only. Groups in shared universities are not represented. Use this to include/exclude groups from the data set.
- View performance metrics for specific categories of content, based on the catalog structure in your university.
- You may select a course or set of courses to view enrollment data.
- Training Tracks
- Like courses; you may select a track or set of tracks to view enrollment data.
Save Dashboard Filter Views
This feature enables university admins to filter the dashboard and save the selected filters as a view with a specific time range or a specific group, for example. A saved view can also be set as the default view that initially displays when first loading the new dashboard.
NOTE: Save Dashboard Filter Views is only available to University Admins. Group and Report Viewer admins do not have this functionality available.
Create a saved view (for example a specific time range and group):
1. Admin side nav bar: Reports > Dashboard
2. Select Filter panel > Select Pencil to edit time range
3. Select 12 months and click Apply
4. Select Pencil to edit Groups
5. Deselect all > Select External group and click Apply
6. Click Create
7. Enter a name (e.g Last 12 Months – External Group) on the Edit this View page
8. Select the Make this my default view checkbox
9. Click Save
10. Click Update this Dashboard
11. Refresh the browser page to reload and check that the new view is now loading by default
Update a saved view (add a group and edit the view name):
1. Click the pencil for Groups
2. Select Internal and click Apply
3. Click Update
4. Edit the name (e.g Last 12 Months – Internal & External Group)
5. Click Save
6. Click Update Dashboard
7. Refresh the browser page to reload and check that the updated view is now loading by default
This is a rolled up executive summary of the 3 most common performance indicators. This is an “at a glance” view of the total numbers reflected in your university, based on the currently selected filter values. The ellipses (…) in the top right
corner of each section of the dashboard provides further details about what the data represents.
This area includes 2 metrics that help you understand how engaged your audience is with your content. This is an extremely important section, that can help you evaluate the effectiveness of your content modules, as well as how well you’re marketing your training program.
University Specific Metrics
Use this panel to see quick stats about the size of your course catalog and audience, as well as the total $BlueBucks you’ve awarded for your selected date range. The following information is for the university you are viewing and is the only area of the dashboard that is unaffected by selecting other universities in the Filter Panel.
Time Series Chart – Enrollments
This is a line chart that shows your performance data over the currently selected time range. Use this chart to look for visual trends; sharply rising or falling lines indicate sudden change; spikes can show temporary anomalies, and general trends can be seen in course consumption among sharing partners.
What is the Time Series Chart displaying?
- The chart data uses implied groupings based on your range. A date range of 14 days or fewer will present data by day. A date range of 15-50 days will present data by week. A date range of 151-450 will present data by month. A date range over 450 days will present data by year.
- The chart will only display complete data sets. So, if you’ve selected a date range that presents by week, it will show only complete weeks, even if your date range includes a partial week.
- Currently the largest range of data you may see is two years.
- If you don’t share courses, only a totals line will display on the Time Series graph. If you share courses, all graphed data is limited to the top eight universities in which the course enrollments occur.
The Performance Details table is a workhorse table of the granular data set currently represented by the selected filters. Each column can be sorted ascending or descending, allowing you to see the top and bottom performers.
The Performance Details table shows data for all the universities that you have selected in the Filter Panel and can be further filtered by Data Type, such as University (multiple universities will be listed for those who share courses).
The table is searchable and paginated, giving you easy access to specific rows. In addition to all universities you have selected in the Filter Panel, the Data Type dropdown also allows you to view data for categories, groups, courses and training tracks.
Note: If you have selected multiple universities in the Filter Panel, and then select Groups or Categories in the Data Type, the Group and Category name will include the university name. This example shows two universities (Blueport and Volt Land) and their groups where enrollment for shared courses occurred.
Once you’ve configured your filters to show the desired data set, you can export the data as an XLSX file. This file will have a tab that represents each one of the Data Types (one for Universities, one for Groups, one for Categories, etc.). There will also be a tab labeled “Filter” that provides the filter criteria (such as date range) that the export is based on.
Key Things to Know:
- The default date range when the dashboard loads is the past 90 days of data.
- Data is collected every 15 minutes. There is a “last updated date and time stamp” located at the top right of the dashboard. The time reflects local time obtained via your device settings.
- The Share button enables you to send the current dashboard you are viewing as an email attachment. This will share all the data in the top section of the widgets and chart data but NOT the details section.
- There is an Export button top right of the Performance Details section. This will create an Excel Workbook of the different Details, each in their own work sheet.
- Each section has an ellipsis (…) that you can click to reveal additional details about how the data is collected for that section.
- The data collected does NOT include enrollment data for deleted users or courses. It does include all users that were active during the date range you selected, even users that have since become inactive.
- The date selection shows data for enrollments AND completions that occurred during that time range. Because of this, you could potentially have more completions than enrollments for any given date range. E.g. In one week, you could have 5 new enrollments in a course, and if all five people also completed that course, plus 2 more people completed the course, but they were enrolled prior the week date range you selected, you would then have 5 enrollments and 7 completions in that week for that course.