Surveys are not required in a course. They are beneficial for tracking learner feedback on modules.
A Survey is not the same thing as an Assessment . A Survey provides learner feedback on the modules -- quality of the content and ease of use. A Survey doesn't have right/wrong answers. An Assessment/Quiz helps reinforce knowledge and test the learner's comprehension of course content and has right/wrong answers.
Create a Survey in the Course Editor > 3.Modules
- Click on Add Module
- Add a name under Module Name
- Optional: Add Module Description
- Check the box next to Optional if you don’t want the Survey to be required in order to complete the course.
- Module Type: Survey
- Click Next
A screen very similar to Assessments will come up.
- Click Next to begin writing questions for the survey. NOTE: For surveys, the Questions must be All Questions – In Order. The other options are only for Assessments.
- Click the blue Write Question button on the left to begin creating questions.
- Just like Assessments, you can write the question and choose the format. Multiple Choice, True/False, Freeform, Likert Scale.
- Click Next.
- Depending on the style of question, you will enter answer options. NOTE: You will not create a key by designating an answer as correct like in an Assessment.
- Click Next
- Follow this process until you’ve added all the questions you wish to have in the survey.
- Once you’re finished writing questions, click the green Save Assessment button and you will return to the Modules screen.